Friends with benefits - is there a chance?
What is a "friendship with benefits"?
Who is the right one for you?
- One of you don’t have many friends. There isn’t anyone except you to annoy.
- You fell in love once. High risk to fall in love again.
- Your friend dotes on you.
How to have a friendship with benefits?
- Ensure that none of you have wrong expectations. You don’t meet up for rendezvous and don’t look for a girlfriend or boyfriend.
- You are commited to being open and honest. Do you fall in love with your friend, xou have to break up your friendship with benefits. Having sex supports falling in love because of hormones.
- Break up if you or your friend fall in love with a third party. Be honest and talk about it, when you having sex with another person or even fall in love with someone.
- Don’t meet too often. It should not become habit. Beware of ‚good morning‘ messages and movie nights.
- Use condoms. It doesn’t matter how long you know each other, don’t forget to prevent to protect from sexually transmitted infections or unintended pregnancy.
- Don’t feel domestic. Don’t bring your toothbrush and spare clothes to your friend.
- Don’t talk about your friendship to others. Like in FightClub you don’t talk about your intimacy with your friends, because you may have mutual friends.
- Talk with your friend about how to handle your friendship in public. How to handle when you’re at the same party? You should talk about things like this.
- Break up if you are not interested anymore. Your friendship is based on sex. If you are not interested in having sex with your friend anymore or you want to find a new love someday: Break up to make this easier.
- Remind you may lose a good friend if something goes wrong. It may be complicated to stay friends without having sex after having sex once or falling in love.